October 2021, SPTA is excited to announce the addition of Radial Pulse Wave/Shockwave therapy to the clinic. Radial Pulse Wave/Shockwave is an effective and efficient deep tissue therapy tool for treating musculoskeletal and other chronic issues. It creates acoustic waves that generate oscillations into the tissues stimulating blood flow, metabolic activity and the body’s healing mechanisms.
Thank you to all who helped us celebrate 27 years in practice!
What is Scoliosis?
- Scoliosis is a three-dimensional spinal deformity characterized by a side-to-side curvature combined with rotation of the vertebra.
- It is the most common spinal disorder in children and adolescents affecting 2-5% of the population.
- Adult scoliosis can become debilitating and painful due to degenerative changes of an aging spine.
What can you do for scoliosis?
Scoliosis-specific exercise like the Schroth Method can make a difference.
Unlike generic exercise, Schroth features:
- a 3D exercise approach for a three-dimensional deformity
- a highly customized program based upon an individual’s curve pattern
- postural and breathing maneuvers aimed to realign, de-rotate and stabilize the spine.
- enhance bracing and may reduce the need for surgery.
- a non-operative treatment for older adults who can’t or don’t wish to have surgery.
Aija Paegle, PT, DPT, CFMT is a Doctor of Physical Therapy and a Schroth Barcelona C2 Certified therapist. She has 17 years of PT experience, 6 of which have been specifically dedicated to helping patients with scoliosis manage their curvatures, reduce pain, and take control over a healthy, fit and active life.