March 13, 2010
Dear SPTA Patients,
As you know, many communities are taking measures to slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and prepare for its potential impact. SPTA is keeping a close eye on the news and recommendations.
Please be assured that SPTA is taking recommendations seriously and we have initiated new policies to ensure the health and safety of all of our patients and employees:
SPTA is practicing the following:
- Requiring all employees to wash their hands vigilantly and not touch their faces
- Therapists wash hands diligently in between patients. All linens are changed with clean linins and treatment tables are wiped down with disinfectant
- Gym and studio equipment wiped down regularly and after each use
- Regularly wipe down door handles, light switches, counter tops, surfaces, phones etc.
- Closely monitor the health of our staff
- Require employees displaying even mild cold symptoms to stay home from work
- Avoid shaking hands
- Asking patients to cancel physical therapy appointments if they are sick. Late charge fees are NOT being implemented
- Asking all patients if they have recently traveled and if so to wait two weeks before starting physical therapy. If patients have traveled to high risk areas and have self quarantined for two weeks, they may be asked to wear a face mask during physical therapy appointments
SPTA will continue to follow guidelines from the Maine CDC. Procedures will be implemented with updated Maine CDC recommendations. Any updated procedures will be communicated clearly to all SPTA patients and employees.
Scarborough Physical Therapy Associates, PA