All SPTA therapists are trained and certified in Power Plate Acceleration Training.
What is Acceleration Training™ Exercise?
The Advanced Vibration Technology™ of the Power Plate® machine, which utilizes vibration on three planes, is backed by more than 10 years of practice-based evidence and scientific research to support its efficacy. The Power Plate® machine is one of the most exciting technological advances in the fields of sports medicine, athletics, and health and fitness. Acceleration Training™ exercise can help people to enhance fitness and wellness as well as improve sports and functional performance.
Acceleration Training™ exercise on Power Plate® equipment can provide the following benefits:
- Shorter training time for comparable results
- Increase muscle strength and tone
- Improvement in flexibility
- Increased blood circulation
- Increased lymphatic drainage
- Aids in the reduction of pain
- Increased Bone Mineral Density
- Improved balance and coordination to prevent falls
- Promotes faster, more efficient recovery from injury
- Intensified stimulation and improvement of the neurological system
Acceleration Training™ exercise with the Power Plate® is used by many professional athletes and teams. Training is specific for flexibility, balance, core stability, strengthening, and massage. A wide variety of individuals can benefit from Acceleration
Training™. For example, athletes can improve strength, power and performance and older individuals can improve strength, balance and coordination to prevent falls.
Please contact Scarborough Physical Therapy Associates at 883-1227 to find out if Acceleration Training™ exercise on the Power Plate® can enhance your healing and rehabilitation process.